Tonight’s agenda includes several land use issues, voting on the amendments proposed during our annual bylaws review, and also nominations for next year’s officers.
- The sections of Atlanta Code of Ordinances that govern NPUs are posted here — some limitations and responsibilities of NPUs are outlined here.
- The committee’s proposal is here, and the committee produced a redline to help compare the proposed changes to the current bylaws. The redline is for convenience of comparing changes but may contain errors. The proposal is the submitted draft and all comments and input should be directed to that.
- Some floor amendments were offered and also tabled.
- The current bylaws are always posted in our About section (check out NPU M boundaries if you’re not sure).
- The City’s Office of Planning provides guidance in their Bylaw Guide — great place to start if you’re not familiar with the purpose of bylaws.
The NPU-M General Body meeting will be held tonight, September 23rd, at the Helene S. Mills Sr. Multipurpose Senior Center at 515 John Wesley Dobbs Avenue. The meeting starts at 6:30 and ends at 8:30pm. We meet monthly on the fourth Monday.
This month’s agenda is available here. The agenda does sometimes change at the last minute – revisions will be posted below. You can also check for revisions at the NPU Schedule page, where the Office of Planning posts each NPU’s agenda, meeting time, and location.
City of Atlanta ordinance requires NPUs to review and submit their bylaws each year. Our review is in process — please, come to the meeting to hear the report and recommendations of the Bylaws Committee. Amendments and approval of the bylaws will be voted on at the October 28th General Body meeting (2013 NPU M Bylaws here; Article IX covers this review and amendment process).
UPDATE: The Bylaws Committee reported at the meeting and introduced its proposed revisions. Motions to consider the committee’s proposed revisions and an amendment were automatically tabled, in compliance with Article IX, Section 1 of our bylaws. These possible revisions to our bylaws will be considered at the next meeting of the General Body of NPU M (October 28th) — please, familiarize yourself with current bylaws and come take part in our neighborhood! Meeting requirements for voting eligibility do not apply to bylaws. Any member of NPU M can take part and vote on bylaws. Come take part!
Here is a link to the agenda for tonight’s meeting of the General Body. And here’s the draft minutes from the July 22nd General Body meeting.
Here are the draft meeting minutes from the NPU-M Agenda April 22, 2013. Please direct any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved minutes will be posted on the Minutes page.
View the agenda on Google Drive.
View course map & description via Google Drive.
Check out the Agenda for the August 27, 2012 NPU-M meeting.