Please see the flyer from MARTA (linked below) which has a schedule of public hearings in regards to bus service changes, including discussion of the ‘resurrection’ of the Braves Shuttles. The meeting closest to our area will be Thursday, March 24 at City Hall.
APAB (Atlanta Planning Advisory Board) has begun publishing a monthly eNews to keep citizens informed on what APAB is doing on our behalf.
Find the March addition here: APAB eNews Communication – March
Tonight is our monthly NPU General Body meeting. 6:30-8:30pm at the Helene Mills Center, 515 John Wesley Dobbs Ave, 30312. Please join us!
The agenda is here: NPU M February Agenda
The Atlanta Police Department announced today a series of community meetings intended to inform city residents on changes to its six geographical patrol zones. The APD embarked on a study a year ago, examining its police beats with the goal of ensuring that its resources and response times to calls for service were maximized. The resulting plan retains the department’s six zones, though some geographical boundaries have shifted. Department leadership believes the plan will increase police visibility by boosting the number of beats throughout the city and balancing out workloads in each zone, allowing for improved response times.
Chief George Turner, along with commanders for each zone, will join other department leadership in presenting the plan – along with expected benefits – in a series of public forums beginning Feb. 24th and continuing through March.
“It’s important for us to communicate our intentions to the public,” Chief Turner said. “I’m hoping that citizens will gain a greater understanding of what we’re trying to accomplish and see the benefits that will result in a safer city for all of us.”
- Thursday, March 3 – Zone 3 John Burdine Center 215 Lakewood Way 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 9 – Zone 2 The Lodge at Peachtree Presbyterian Church 3417 Roswell Road 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 23 – Zone 1 C.A. Scott Recreation Center at Mozley Park 1565 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. SW 6:45 PM
- Monday, March 28 – Zone 4 Adamsville Recreation Center 3201 M. L. King Jr. Drive, S.W. 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 30 – Zone 5 Atlanta Civic Center Piedmont Room 395 Piedmont Ave. 7:00 PM
- Thursday, March 31 – Zone 6 East Atlanta Public Library 400 Flat Shoals Ave. SE 7:00 PM
To view copies of the zone maps, a Power Point about the plan and other documents, please visit BeatRedistrict To determine which Atlanta police zone one resides in, please visit www.atlantapd.org and click on the “Find My Zone” tab located at the top of the page.
The newest addition of greenspace in NPU-M is now open! Historic Fourth Ward Park is a part of the BeltLine project, and Phase I of the park’s creation is complete. There will be a full Grand Opening when Phase II is completely, but for now, take a walk through one of NPU-M’s newest assets!
This Creative Loafing article has some great info: http://fb.me/Ryx9Vmgk
Our new Facebook Page is up and running, so please “like” it by following the link below, and stay informed with NPU-M information via Facebook!
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on NPU-M’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on NPU-M’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by NPU-M at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on NPU-M’s web site are provided “as is”. NPU-M makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, NPU-M does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall NPU-M or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on NPU-M’s Internet site, even if NPU-M or a NPU-M authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on NPU-M’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. NPU-M does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. NPU-M may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. NPU-M does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
NPU-M has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by NPU-M of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to NPU-M’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
[contact-form 3 “Contact Fiona”]
[contact-form 1 “Contact Jeff”]
[contact-form 2 “Contact Rashid”]