Sign up for NPUM Atlanta General Membership Mailing List
NPU M CalendarMar2Mon20156:30 pm FWW – Fourth Ward West (formerly... @ Century Skyline ApartmentsFWW – Fourth Ward West (formerly... @ Century Skyline ApartmentsMar 2 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmMar5Thu20156:30 pm NPU M Public Safety Meeting @ Helene Mills CenterNPU M Public Safety Meeting @ Helene Mills CenterMar 5 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmMar9Mon20156:30 pm NPU M Executive Meeting @ Atlanta Medical CenterNPU M Executive Meeting @ Atlanta Medical CenterMar 9 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmMar10Tue20156:30 pm ADNA – Atlanta Downtown Neighbor... @ Varies - check the websiteADNA – Atlanta Downtown Neighbor... @ Varies - check the websiteMar 10 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmLocation varies each month, please check the website.Mar11Wed20157:00 pm NPU M Education Committee @ Condessa CoffeeNPU M Education Committee @ Condessa CoffeeMar 11 @ 7:00 pm – Mar 11 @ 8:30 pmMar12Thu20153:00 pm FWA – Fourth Ward Alliance Neigh... @ AMLI Old 4th Ward ApartmentsFWA – Fourth Ward Alliance Neigh... @ AMLI Old 4th Ward ApartmentsMar 12 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pmMar15Sun20154:00 pm Community Development Human Reso... @ Manual's TavernCommunity Development Human Reso... @ Manual's TavernMar 15 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pmMar16Mon20157:00 pm CHNA – Castleberry Hill Neighbor... @ Granite RoomCHNA – Castleberry Hill Neighbor... @ Granite RoomMar 16 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pmMar17Tue20157:00 pm FWN – Fourth Ward Neighborhood M... @ Highland BakeryFWN – Fourth Ward Neighborhood M... @ Highland BakeryMar 17 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pmMar18Wed20156:30 pm NPU M Land Use Committee Meeting @ Keller Williams Realty IntownNPU M Land Use Committee Meeting @ Keller Williams Realty IntownMar 18 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pmInside of the Southern Dairy Office building. Use parking lot on south side of building, enter via Morgan Street off Glen Iris. Enter building through double glass doors marked Keller Williams. Walk down the hall to the single glass door … Continue reading →Mar19Thu2015Mar21Sat201510:00 am APAB – Atlanta Planning and Advi... @ Atlanta City HallAPAB – Atlanta Planning and Advi... @ Atlanta City HallMar 21 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Search for it!
The 2014 bylaws have been updated and posted to the intranet. Updates were made directly from approved minutes.
Effective date is January 1, 2015
There will be no general membership meeting in December. All NPU M Business will be conducted by the Executive Committee meeting on December 8, 2014.
Important topics include:
- Finalization of bylaw votes
- Election of 2015 officers – all positions are open
- Status of InTown Academy School Charter and Kindezi Schools potential move into NPU M
Please note, the 2014 bylaws are still valid through 12/31/14. Other than bylaws, only members current on attendance may vote.
In the November 4th issue of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, it was reported that the Atlanta Public School Board voted unanimously to not renew the Intown Academy’s contract for the 2015/2016 school year. Hope Hill Elementary may not be a viable alternative due to current enrollment, physical space and educational resources.
Dean Leeper, Executive Director of the Kindezi Schools, made a presentation the NPU M Executive Committee on Monday November 10, 2014. As of November 10, 2014 the Kindezi School is the only applicant.
We determined at this meeting that a special Education Committee meeting is needed to provide a recommendation the NPU M General Body Membership at the November meeting.
This discussion will be scheduled as follows:
- Date: Thursday November 20, 2014
- Time: 6:30 PM
- Location: Helene Mills Center, 515 John Wesley Dobbs
The committee will make a recommendation to the General Membership Meeting on November 24, 2014.
Without a replacement, the school may face closure.
It’s not your right, it is your responsibility. Click here to find your polling place.
Varying hours of operations mean motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists should be aware and always expect a streetcar
Beginning Monday, October 27, the Atlanta Streetcar will begin training streetcar operators along the system’s 2.7 mile loop. The hours of training will vary to give the operators familiarity with all traffic situations. The schedule for the upcoming weeks:
- Monday, October 27: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Tuesday, October 28: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Wednesday, October 29: 1 P.M. to 11 P.M.
- Thursday, October 30: 1 P.M. to 11 P.M.
- Friday, October 31: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Saturday, November 1: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Monday, November 3: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Tuesday, November 4: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Wednesday, November 5: 2 P.M. to Midnight
- Thursday, November 6: 2 P.M. to Midnight
- Friday, November 7: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Saturday, November 8: 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Sunday, November 9: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
- Monday, November 10: 6 P.M. to 4 A.M.
This training will continue until opening day of the system. With the streetcars now operating every day and at all hours pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists along the route are advised to always expect a streetcar and remember to follow a few simple Be Streetcar Smart rules:
- Be alert. The Atlanta Streetcars are electric and quiet. Please stop, look and listen for streetcars before crossing the tracks.
- Keep a safe distance from the streetcars.
- Do not walk or play on tracks.
- Bicyclists should use caution when riding near the tracks and should cross at a 90 degree angle.
- Motorists should check for approaching streetcars before opening vehicle doors.
- Motorists are also reminded that vehicles along the streetcar route need to be parked fully within the white lines of the parking spaces, and that double-parking is not allowed. Illegally parked vehicles along the route will be ticketed and/or towed
A public transit meeting has been scheduled for Thursday October 30, 2014 regarding streetcar transit on the Atlanta Beltline, including Marta connections.
- When: Thursday October 30, 2014
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Where: Central United Methodist Church, 501-7 Mitchell ST NW
Parking is available. For more information, contact Paulita Bennett-Martin 404.477.3549 or email@example.com.