Georgia DOT will replace the structurally deficient Spring Street viaduct (bridge) over the CSX railroad in downtown Atlanta. The project is on Spring Street between Mitchell Street and Marietta Street, including Martin Luther King Jr. Drive between Forsyth Street and Spring Street.
Total construction is estimated to take 36 months. The project was let in October 2013. Based on a November 2013 Notice to Proceed, the scheduled completion date is November 2016.
Read more about the project by clicking here
- WHEN: August 16, 2014 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- WHERE: Atlanta Civic Center 395 Piedmont Avenue Northeast
- COST: FREE – but you must RSVP using the link at the bottom of the page
- CONTACT: Atlanta Code Summit 4043306044
- Event website
Agenda includes speakers from:
- Housing / Commercial Code Enforcement
- Building / Zoning Code Enforcement
- Public Works S.W.E.E.T. Enforcement
- Fire Inspectors
- Solicitors Office & Public Defenders Office
- Municipal Courts
- Code Enforcement Commission
The Summit will conclude with a one-on-one break out session where you will receive an update to your issues. Get your lists organized!
Sponsored by CoA Council Members:
- Felicia Moore
- Ceasar Mitchell
- Mary Norwood
- Keisha Bottoms
- Natalyn Archibong
- C.T. Martin
Don’t forget to register click here
Keep Atlanta Beautiful has two recycling centers in Atlanta (Buckhead and the Old Fourth Ward. There is no residency requirements.
For more information click here.
Until such time that the Land Use Committee appoints a new chair, please use email@example.com for official land use business.
Natalyn Archibong’s office posted that a potential property tax increase is in the works. Click here to read more about this.
Tax estimates have been mailed for property taxes due in September/October. For more information go to: http://fultoncountyga.gov/
The City of Atlanta (CoA) has scheduled a series of public meetings regarding Mayor Reeds proposed Infrastructure Bond proposal.
The meetings are scheduled for
- June 25, 2014
- June 26, 2014
- June 30, 2014
- July 1, 2014
- July 8, 2014
- July 10, 2014
- July 15, 2014
A file summarizing the dates/locations and brief statements of definitions and proposed reasons. For more information, download the file.
Public Information Meetings for Proposed New Bond
The agenda has been posted for the June 23, 2014 NPU M General Membership meeting. To read, click here.
Due to personal and business time constraints, Fiona Sites Bowen has elected to step down from the NPU M Land Use Committee. We thank her for her service to NPU M.
At this time, the Land Use Committee be accepting nominations for Land Use Chair. Until a committee chair is chosen, Rashid Muhammad will serve as chair.
To self nominate or to nominate others, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend the next NPU M Land Use Committee Meeting on Wednesday June 18, 2014 6:30pm.
- Keller Williams Realty Intown, 621 North Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Inside of the Southern Dairy Office building. Use parking lot on south side of building, enter via Morgan Street off Glen Iris.
- Enter building through double glass doors marked Keller Williams. Walk down the hall to the single glass door on right.
The agenda for the June Safety Committee meeting has been posted to the website. Click here to read. Better yet ATTEND!